No, not my walk in wardrobe silly! That's all very much on hold and still only utterly fabulous in my head.

This is the Edwardian wardrobe I started in November, telling my husband I could do it in two days.
Yeah. I'm not sure what happened there. But Christmas came and went and the wardrobe sat in the kitchen looking a bit silly.

The thing is, it was boring to paint but I really want/need to get stuck into other more exciting things so this wardrobe needs to go.


Just boring old white eggshell (Dulux diamond hard- AWESOME STUFF) and slight distressing.



I don't even have a 'before' pic of this one. How naughty is that? This is the best I can do...


 ...which is quite rubbish. Just gives you an idea of how brown it was. 

So, why is the walk in wardrobe on hold and what are the more exciting things I hear you ask? 

Well, my dream has come true. I've been asked if I'd like my home in a home magazine! Would I? 
WOULD I?
 So much so that I had read one sentence of the email and a noise came out of me that wasn't even human. It was very loud and sort of fog-hornesque. And then it happened again. My poor husband thought I was having some kind of seizure. 

Eventually he asked me to leave the office for acting like I was ''on drugs.''

I couldn't even call the lady for a few days as my voice would have come out all fast and squeaky and she'd have changed her mind. 

So as great as this is, I then started freaking out about how much I need to get done. Which is good because since that email, I've finished the dining room curtains, mended a hole in a skirting board, filled a hole at the side of a built in cupboard and finished the wardrobe above! 

I've also worked out just what is achievable and what isn't in the time frame that we have. This is why the master bedroom has been shelved. I really want to build all the units myself and it's going to be a year long
project I'm sure. 

What I am going to do is;
  • Paint the floors upstairs.
  • Paint my daughters bedroom furniture
  • Perhaps make some bedding. 
  • Perhaps upholster a chair.
  • Perhaps make some curtains.
  • Give the kitchen a CHEAP makeover - cupboards, tiles, worktops you name it. On a shoe string. Magazine worthy I hope. And I'm thinking of using scaffold boards!
  • Sort out the 'new' dresser with a new back and some paint.
  • Revamp the armoire on the landing. 
  • Perhaps steal a sofa. (We'll have no budget left by then)
So. It's going to be rather busy around here.

Other than that I really want to thank you all for answering the questions in my last post. That was SO helpful. I was surprised that green was mentioned more than blue. Your kitchens all sound so much lovelier than mine!

But I'm working on that.

My daughter and I head oop north tomorrow  for half term. I'll make the most of doing nothing much for a few days as it'll be all systems go when I return!


 


Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Donec auctor arcut pretium consequat. Contact me 123@abc.com