This 1950's wardrobe from the Walnut Cabinet works was the find of the week. It's in the more rare walnut veneer finish and came from ebay. Quite often the matching wardrobes to this type of furniture are quite boxy looking but I'm loving this with it's curved top. It was £50.
 
This is the applied moulding near the top.




And the cute feet!








































Unfortunately, despite being described as being in good condition, it has these whacking great scratches down one side. And of course it's the side you see the most of. Darn it, I'll just have to paint it! (who am I trying to kid?)





And it matches very well with my vintage chests of drawers at least in shape. If they're all painted the same you wouldn't know they're not a set hopefully.

And the matching bedside table, although in a different room. I'm already tempted to re paint this... I did it in a hurry and I don't love it. I was going for a seventeenth century French look in here with French furniture and toile de jouy .... 



Unfortunately my six year old daughter has her own passions and more unfortunately they are 'Disney Princesses' so the other view of the room is blighted by the damn creatures for now. But at least I have managed to keep the room a pink free zone! Cruel mother that I am!
The wardrobe will stay as is for now as it took me ages to build it, clean it and remove the old one. But I would LOVE to try something like this http://www.abitowhimsy.com/2012/08/fabulous-french-armoire.html

This lady is seriously talented! Okay, my 'armoire' isn't quite as stunning as hers is but I can have a go.
Sorry all my writing is tiny, I had big trouble getting the text where I wanted it so I did it all as captions. I have no idea what I'm doing half the time...



Delighted to be linking up with Treasure Hunt Thursday at  http://www.frommyfrontporchtoyours.com/
although I haven't painted it yet. Hopefully that's okay. I hunted it.









Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Donec auctor arcut pretium consequat. Contact me 123@abc.com