My self-confidence has taken quite a hit this weekend. I never thought I was AMAZING at decorating. I like to think I do okay, and it is something that I have a huge passion for and think about quite a bit. After this weekend, I am sadly thinking maybe I am not good enough.
I bought these shelves for my dining room, and I absolutely love them! What I pictured in my head turned out a lot different once they were put in the room.
Maybe you can help a girl out?!

So originally, I wanted them flanking the window.

 

I still kind of like this layout, but didn't think about the drapes, and those will be behind the shelves and I think that will be little off. I could do a roman shade though. I posted these pictures on instagram, and was told these shelves looked too wide for this wall.

So, option #2.






 
I liked the idea of the shelves facing out as a focal piece, but put them on the left side to even things out. The only problem I have with this layout, is if I do drapes on the french doors, the drape on the right will go behind the buffet. Will that be wrong? I could do a roman shade on those, same fabric I choose for the window?
Or option #3, which I don't have a photo of but I could put buffet back on left wall where it was originally with mirror above it, and put the shelves flanking the french doors, but I would have to do roman shades on the french doors if I do that as well.
 
 
Here are my ideas for the rest of the room.
 

 
 Possibly, adding a smaller rug for a layered look about the natural fiber rug, I have in there now. To bring in color and pattern.


 Doing white linen curtains or oatmeal color.


Changing out the shades for these linen shades from Pottery Barn.

 
Bringing in blue/white ticking stripe slipcovers for either all 6 chairs or just four, with 2 of woven chairs like these for the end of the tables, to break up all the black and dark colors.
And adding white serving dishes/platters/bowls to the shelving, maybe my cookbook collection and other little knick knacks.
 
I know it will look better when all the elements are brought into the room, but right now I am freaking out a little. Please tell me that I am not the only one that has done something like this. I just imagine that all interior decorators know exactly the right thing to do at every moment, and they never get stuck on ideas. Please tell me even the more experienced of them still have moments like this, where they questions what they are doing!
What would you do?



Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Donec auctor arcut pretium consequat. Contact me 123@abc.com