Odd week. I've been asked if I want to do some painting on telly! Very flattering and exciting! Just call me Lawrence.

Then we found out that my daughter has a hip condition that should have been diagnosed at 8 months, and if it had been it could have been dealt with non invasively. It's a bit late for that now as she's almost 7 years old. So I don't know if they will do something drastic or do nothing and just try and limit the damage and give her stability. I'm really trying not to dwell on the missed opportunity and the stupid, incompetent, idiotic health visitor who failed to pick up on this at the 8m check. But I'm failing.

It's such a shame this wasn't detected sooner. Her hypermobility has probably masked the symptoms. It's sports day next week and I just want to phone in sick to protect her self esteem. I've spoken with the school and they have been great and far more rational than me.

So I have achieved precisely nothing. Except for turning this...


  into this...


and this...


into this...


 ...yucky black tiles that will be covered up soon!

 I hope to be back with completed projects soon. Bear with me!
I'll leave you with this little marble topped table I picked up a few weeks ago for £4! I'm longing to paint it but I won't let myself until I've waxed the dressing table.


I mean marble? £4? Seriously? How could I not?

And a picture of my peony bush.


When I say, bush, it's really more of a twig. But I'm thrilled with my peony as there wasn't even one last year. Perhaps next year we'll get two.



Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Donec auctor arcut pretium consequat. Contact me 123@abc.com