The dining room was painted in F&B Pale Powder some years ago. It's a really pale neutral blue and I really liked it. It needed repainting as it had got marked and had some holes where I'd taken things off the wall.

I fancied a change and something cheaper. I wanted something more sophisticated. I opted for a colour called Portland by Dulux Trade Paints. (Always go for Trade Paints if you can get them. They are far superior!)  It's one of the colours they have to mix with their paint mixing machine.


It's such a funny colour. It sometimes looks grey, sometimes greeny, sometimes beigey. I'm REALLY happy with the look of the walls.

Portland


Here's a shot of the wall being painted. The F&B is on the left. It's exactly the same lightness/darkness or 'value' (in proper paint terminology, I think...)as the Portland which is a pure coincidence.


Can you see the paint line? No, neither can my husband.

Portland is also the same colour I painted the outside of the house. I'd completely forgotten that I'd had it before. At least I'm consistent with my taste in colours. And it's always nice to have the inside of your house match the outside. Isn't it? 

 The radiator man has been to take off the radiator so I've painted behind it. The price we pay for see through vintage style radiators.

Once that's back up we can get the flooring guys in. In the meantime I've been working on my plate rack which has been a little problematic...

Back soon to show you how it turned out! And I got the COOLEST free thing today that I need to show you!






Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Donec auctor arcut pretium consequat. Contact me 123@abc.com