For about a year now, the front of the house has been decorated with a dead holly bush. Nothing says 'welcome' like a dead plant. The other living holly bush is not looking great either. The flag has been left out since the jubilympics. And someone failed to paint the end of the down pipe. That was before we came. I painted the whole exterior with scaffolding but didn't do the pipes.


With spring finally here I figured it's as good a time as any to tart up the front of the house.
I found this inspirational wooden box at this mornings flea market.
It was £4. That probably means they're £2.50 from Ikea.

Well, I say 'box' but it has no bottom. 



That's OK. I'm going to stick a plant in it and I figured there's less chance of it rotting with no base. 

Here's a plant I got at the Friday market:

 


 Very alive!
So here's the plan. Taking inspiration from my French enamel number:




I thought I might paint the bottomless box in the style of a French enamel sign with our house number on it!
Now, this might not be as simple as it sounds. I fear the box has been oiled so I will have to use a high adhesion oil based primer and suitable paints for exteriors.
It could be an epic fail.

But it could just add a little much needed elegance. Cross your fingers for me dear readers!


Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Donec auctor arcut pretium consequat. Contact me 123@abc.com