I've been desperate to make a new ironing board cover.
Yep, it's an exciting life I lead.
Our ironing board is semi on display in the kitchen so it has to be an object of beauty. But what to cover it in?
 I wanted something dark because I frequently spill water on the ironing board as I fill the iron and I didn't want the resulting water marks to show.
I wanted something vintage, thick and utterly splendid.

I spotted this fabric on ebay.



I KNOW! It's RED! Not neutral. Not pale. RED. I have clearly  lost my mind. But I do love this material. It's like a thick linen.
Here's the  tutorial I used.
There are several pages. I used elastic rather than string just because that's what I had. I bought some new ironing board padding and also sewed this inside the cover.

Wanna see my masterpiece?


And here it is at home down the side of the fridge...(those tiles AREN'T staying!)


See how it draws the eye away from the hole in the plaster? Cunning!






Red. My new colour. And doing the ironing will be so much more fun! (Won't it?)

My daughter and I are heading up north to my dads for a few days...

Linking with Me and my Shadow: Magpie Monday




Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Donec auctor arcut pretium consequat. Contact me 123@abc.com